Launch Event Auction of Unique Adventure Travel MemorabiliaThe Foundation's launch event, at Coventry Transport Museum on 6th October, is going to include an auction of unique adventure travel memorabilia.
The irrepressible Austin Vince will be our auctioneer, and all the funds raised by the auction will support the future work of the Foundation and our Jupiter's Travellers.
Bidding is expected to be fierce for the auction's headline lot: the helmet worn by Ted Simon during the second half of Jupiter's Travels.
However, the auction is featuring a wide variety of other wonderful items too. Here's the full list as it stands so far:
- Ted Simon's Jupiter's Travels motorcycle helmet
- Austin Vince's white "Terra Circa" overalls (with the bonus of a full 'Overland Experience' ticket to Overland Expo 2012 in Arizona - worth $270)
- Chris Scott's "Desert Riders" motorcycle jacket
- A VIP tour of Triumph's Hinckley factory (for a group of up to four people)
- Original artwork from "Tea With Bin Laden's Brother" by Simon Roberts
- A first edition hardback of "Jupiter's Travels" from 1979 (with the bonus of a copy of Manfred Waffender's 2001 film on DVD)
- Tiffany Coates' "Ugly Fish" sunglasses
- 'Every Day An Adventure' T-Shirt from Sam Manicom (white cotton, size XL)
- 'Scooters in the Sahara' T-Shirt from Dennis Robinson (black cotton, size L)
- Framed 'Adventures in Yellow' Photograph from Norman & Maggie Magowan
- ...and not forgetting Lois Pryce's BSA knickers!
Most of the auction lots can be signed by Ted Simon and their donors on request.
As well as taking cash payments for winning bids, thanks to the assistance of the Coventry Transport Museum we'll also be able to accept all major credit and debit cards.
If you'd like the opportunity to bid on the items in the auction, you'll need to be there on the night. Make sure you purchase your tickets for the launch event before the end of September.